Sunday, August 20, 2017

Popham Beach!

Hi guys! I hope you're all doing well. I don't have much summer vacation left, so I'm trying to get to all my favorite spots before I have to go back to school! Today I went to Popham Beach.

Popham has such nice sandy beaches, it's perfect for lounging around, swimming or just beach combing.

I always like to start my beach trips by walking through the sand and looking for cool beach stuff, like shells and driftwood and feathers.
 
This trip started no differently! I looked through the woody debris that lined certain areas of the sand, hoping to find some treasure. Popham is such a popular beach, though, that most of the really cool stuff has already been picked up by someone else. It's still fun to look, though!

After a little more walking, I found this HUGE feather! It was so neat I just had to pick it up.

As I reached down, I remembered the age-old adage Skye had told me since I was little--bird feathers are covered in germs and will make you sick! My fingers hesitated above the big feather, and I decided maybe it was best if I left this one behind. I don't know if that saying has any truth, but I decided it was best not to risk it. Not today, at least.

It was really really windy the whole time we were there. Sand blew up into people's chairs, powered kites, and turned umbrellas inside out! Just look at how crazy my hair is in this picture!

After a good while of beach combing, I scouted out a good place to set up my towel and bags before I went swimming. 

I settled on a nice, clean area that didn't feel too crowded. 

I lifted up the edges of the towel and let it billow out into the wind. This is the best way to set up a towel so it doesn't get too sandy!

After that, I went swimming! The waves were enormous! I would jump over them and dive through them and let them carry me back to shore. The water was so cold, I couldn't feel my toes after a while! I stayed in as long as I could though, trying to enjoy as much of it as I could. When I came back in, I lay down on my towel in the sun to dry off. The ocean is probably one of my favorite places to spend time. Where's your favorite place? What do you like to do when you're at the beach? Have you ever been to the ocean? I'd love to know!
This has been Dani, dabbling her toes in the sand at Popham Beach. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment